Sunday 9 January 2011

Weekly weight report - Week 1

In an effort to stay on track with this weight loss thing, I'm going to publish a weekly weight report here. It'll also be good for me to have something to look back on and be able to track my progress and chat about any obstacles, and if I have any loss of motivation I can read back and see what I've achieved so far and get back on track again.

Although I have been been losing weight since August 2010, I'm going to call this week 1 because of the new year. Hope that makes sense!

So...

Week 1 weight - loss - 2.2lbs
Total weight loss - 33.6lbs (2 stone 5.6lbs)

I'm happy with that! I've been hovering around the 30lb mark for quite a few weeks now, so it's nice to break that barrier. I wasn't too indulgent over Christmas but I did relax and got very passionate about After Eight chocolates, so I'm surprised I didn't do too much damage.

I'm tracking my weight over on Calorie Count which has a handy tool which produces a nice simple chart. Pleased to see it's heading in the right direction!



ALSO, because I like to tick boxes, I made this very messy chart, and I crossed off the pounds as I lost them. This hangs on my kitchen door. As you can see I created 40 boxes to be ticked off, but with the new year came a re-design.




So I've now printed off this form and put that on top of the old one. The 30 little boxes are for the 30lbs lost and below that I've added month. I'm aiming to lose 5lbs per month (ish!). I think that's a reasonable and attainable aim. It feels good to put a nice cross in a box! :)




Yeah, so week 1, so far so good. I've enjoyed running last week (10 miles in total!) and have a run planned for the morning. I've enjoyed some lovely food this week, including a couple of roast dinners, spaghetti bolognese, slice of cake, drinks, and crisps! I went to a fab house party last night (which I'll blog about) and treated myself to a couple of new dresses too.




And I dithered over this dress, which I regret not buying, especially as it was only £10 in the sales! Doh.







I'm going to go through my wardrobe soon and have a good sort out and clear out. There were lots of lovely clothes that I couldn't wear because they were too small, and now they are too big! I missed the optimum wearing window lol. I'm going to keep the best of those items and set them to one side and when I've reached a weight I'm happy with they can all go to a dress makers for re-adjustment.

So, there we go. Week one down. Let's see what this week holds in store! :)

2 comments:

Ed_Hart said...

Good for you! I have failed to stay fit and produced a miserable performance in a rugby match last Saturday. Your blog inspires me to do something about this. Just not sure what though....

Karen Strunks said...

Hi Ed! Thank you.

Have you got anything in mind for this year - that crazy race again? I guess whatever you decide it's got to be fun. If I didn't get any enjoyment out of it all, I would be still stuck to the sofa ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...