Saturday 12 February 2011

Weekly weight loss report - Week 6

Oooh, that 40lb weight loss mark is just out of reach! I must admit to hoping that today would be the day I would celebrate the number that I have been aiming for for the last 6 months. It is certainly a milestone to be pleased about, but at the same time, I realise I have come a long way, and was equally excited about 10lbs, 20lbs and 30lbs.

This week's weight loss - 0.4lb
Total weight loss - 39.2lbs (2st 11.2lbs)

When I do hit that 40lb mark, I shall be awarding myself with a big certificate! :D





But! I do have cause for another celebration. A couple of skirts caught my eye when I was in the city centre this afternoon. I started browsing through the sizes and paused to think about which sized to chose. Six month ago I would have been searching for a size 16 or 18. I hovered over the 14's, but decided upon trying size 12 out of curiosity. When I tried them on with ease I had a flipping-heck-size-12?-wow-what?-really?-yep-size 12! moment.

I've always like clothes and wearing what I think are nice items, but the actual shopping for them has been a different matter! I'd take deep breaths at the thought of going clothes shopping and the stress I knew would accompany it. Trying to find the item I wanted in a larger size for a start. Then the apprehension as I walked into the changing room. Then the getting in a grump when the zip wouldn't do all the way up, or the button was still an inch away from the button hole and then handing the lot back to the changing room assistant and leaving the shop in a bad mood!

I haven't bought too many new clothes, but I've bought the odd dress here and there and those were very stress free moments. I just tried them on and they fitted! What a change.

Here are the two skirts I got today which I thought would be nice for the spring time.




I am now a very proud owner of my first hula hoop! My hula hoop teacher Julia said she could customise it in my favourite colours. I picked it up last week and it was even prettier than I imagined! I couldn't wait to try it out. And it will match nearly all my clothes too lol.
I haven't got room in my flat to practice so I've been taking my hoop outside. It's already incurred it's first war wound by hitting the tarmac :( Still, it gives it some character haha.




I'm going to dash now as I want to fit in some hula hooping now before I settle down for the evening!

2 comments:

paulakiger said...

Great job on the weight loss, Karen!!

Karen Strunks said...

Thank you Paula! Hope your running is going well :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...