Wednesday 2 March 2011

I'm off to Prague, Baby!

On Friday morning at 10am I shall be jetting to Prague for the weekend!

The invitation came from bmi baby about a month a go, and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it.

The trip is in conjunction with Birmingham Airport and Czech Tourism, and having looked at the itinerary it's set to be a great few days and we are going to be very well looked after.

The trip starts at the VIP Lounge at Birmingham Airport! It's not something I like to admit, but I haven't been in an airport VIP lounge before, so that will make for a great start to the trip.

After about a 4 hours flight, during which I want to try and get a view from the cockpit, we land to a VIP Welcome to Prague! Can it get better?

Yes it can!

I'll be staying at the 4* deluxe boutique Hotel Jalta which is right on Wenceslas Square in the heart of the city.

Mere PR who have helped organise this trip have made some recommendations of activities to enjoy in Prague, so I haven't set a precise plan (not like me!) for what I'll be doing on Friday afternoon yet, but I will certainly see what catches my eye on the day.

On Saturday morning I'm going on a two hour guided walking tour of the city with Czech Tourism and then I'll have the afternoon free to do whatever takes my fancy. The walking tour is optional, but when in Prague...!

On Saturday evening I'll be dining in The Augustine restaurant with my fellow travellers and 'in attendance' will be:

Julian Carr, managing director, bmibaby
Martyn Lloyd, director of air service, Birmingham Airport
Naomi Bustin, communications executive, bmibaby
Jo Lloyd, head of brand, Birmingham Airport

Sunday is another free day to explore what Prague has to offer before leaving the city mid afternoon to head back to the airport.

To be honest, after all the VIP treatment and luxury, I'm not sure I'll be able to step off the plane at Birmingham Airport unless a VIP Welcome is guaranteed ;D


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...