Tuesday 10 May 2011

Pecha Kucha Night in Birmingham 18th May - Volume 4

Upcoming speaking engagement!

Pecha Kucha Night - 18th May 
7.30pm - 10.30pm
Victoria Pub, John Bright Steet, Birmingham


What is Pecha Kucha?

PechaKucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public.

It has turned into a massive celebration, with events happening in hundreds of cities around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide. Drawing its name from the Japanese term for the sound of "chit chat", it rests on a presentation format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds. It's a format that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace.

I've been meaning to do a Pecha Kucha night for AGES! Time hasn't been on my side. Until now!

And now the date is approaching, I'm getting a little bit 'eeek!' about it! I thought of a subject: Heartache. I think. Though I do have another subject idea, but I had better make my mind up soon! The topic of Heartache may sound a bit depressing, but I'm hoping to suprise you ;)

I'll be speaking along with 8 other folks, all with a story to tell and entertain you with! And it's not just happening in Birmingham - events are taking place in 100's of cities across the world too.

Tickets for the event are £5 and you can buy them on Eventbrite. Pecha Kucha are donating the money to Japan earthquake relief.

See you there! :)

Say hello on twitter @karenstrunks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...