Monday 5 September 2011

The countdown begins - In forty days I will be 40!

*gulp*

This is the first time I've given my age out anywhere online. Strange you may think, seeing as I put a lot of stuff about myself and my life out there for the world to see.

But with a landmark birthday coming up, I thought it was time to mark the occasion.

In forty days time, I will be 40! That's quite a biggie isn't it? I mean, I could be potentially half way through my life at this stage!

It's given me pause for thought. It's not so much that I feel like I'm getting old (no way!), or I feel that much about actually being 40, it's more about life and experiences, how much I have done, and how much I still want to do!

I've enjoyed my thirties so much, and I feel that's when I've jumped on a springboard and launched myself into different things, and taken bolder and braver steps, more so than I did in my 20's.

So I'm looking forward to seeing what my 40's will bring and what I'll make of the next decade. Where do I want to be? Where do I want to go? What else can I experience? How much can I pack in?!

I dug out some pictures of a younger me. Those where the days when I didn't think much further ahead than going out to play!


My 1st Birthday

About 3 years old I'm guessing. At London Zoo enjoying a pork pie and cup of tea
My 5th Birthday
About 7 years old. My mum made my dress and flowers for my hair
Ages 7 again. In the school library. Rocking RED as I still do now! ;)


All those photos were taken in London. I moved to N.Ireland when I was eight. Then to Birmingham when I was 15. Then to Scotland. Then back to Ireland. Then Plymouth, Portsmouth and back to Birmingham again. I attended about 6 different schools (including a convent school!) so was always the 'new girl' finding my feet and making new friends.

And I'm still making plenty of new friends now. You know how much I love the online world! And thanks to that I'm meeting lots of amazing people who I can call my friends.

During the next 40 days I'll probably stop by here and reminisce about something or other....things I've learnt (you can't get to this age and not learn anything I hope!), and the best times so far, but of course I'm hoping that the best is yet to come! :)

Say hello on twitter @karenstrunks


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...